At eGenesis, we aspire to deliver safe and effective human transplantable cells, tissue and organs utilizing the latest advancements in genome editing.
eGenesis is currently seeking an experienced and talented individual to oversee the internal scientific research and development. This position plays a key role in the company strategy, and it is an excellent opportunity for excellent individuals motivated to push to develop innovative and impactful therapies using groundbreaking science. The candidate should have strong scientific record in research and development in industry. It is preferred direct experience on gene therapy, cell therapy or transplantation.
Reporting to the CSO, responsibilities include:
- Vision, strategy, and planning of research and development
- Interface with pre-clinical and clinical programs
- Engage in coaching and team building style that foster development of a highly motivated and high-performance team.
- PhD or PhD/MD in Immunology or equivalent training
- At least 7-10 years of post-degree research experience in an academic or preferably an industrial setting
- Direct hands on experience leading pre-clinical stage programs and a cross-functional team is required
- Biotech experience is strongly preferred with a focus on cell and gene therapy or organ transplantation
- Strong track record of publications and/or scientific achievements
- Outstanding leadership skills and track record of effectively leading teams
- Ability to effectively create and execute in a timely fashion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multidisciplinary teams
- Displays a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust and integrity
- A scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of independently conceiving, conducting, and critically analyzing his/her own work with minimal supervision
- A strong presenter and communicator, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Someone who thrives on making a difference, as well as living with some ambiguity and change as we get off the ground
- Someone who enjoys a transparent, respectful and innovative environment