At eGenesis, we aspire to deliver safe and effective human transplantable cells, tissue and organs utilizing the latest advancements in genome editing. For more information, please visit www.egenesisbio.com
We’re looking for a full-time Controller to scale our finance organization to the next level. The Controller will play a critical role in shaping and building the finance and accounting functions for our organization. We are looking for a well-rounded hands-on individual who possesses the requisite technical accounting skills while being able to function as a business finance leader to execute financial and operational strategies.
- Responsible for managing QuickBooks, Accounts Payable and Payroll (ADP) processing
- Perform month end close on a GAAP accrual basis and ensure all accounts are reconciled
- Manage the annual audit process, tax submissions and 409a valuations
- Lead person for banking relationships for operating and investment accounts, credit cards and working capital debt lines
- Responsible for vendor negotiation and management, driving cost controls and efficiencies across the organization
Financial Reporting and Planning:
- Lead the budget and forecast process with the management team.
- Report monthly and quarterly financial results to the management team and Board of Directors.
Business System Implementations:
- Transition from QB to more robust database (NetSuite, Intacct)
- Implement a stock option management tracking tool
- Research, choose and implement a procurement database
- Implement software tools that streamline and improve accounting processes
Board and Investor Relations:
- Prepare financial statements and capitalization table
- Responsible for financial presentations for Board meetings
- Lead person for equity financing due diligence efforts
- Primary relationship with Landlord and negotiate lease terms
Policies and Procedures:
- Implement and continuously improve policies and procedures for the following but not limited to: Cash Investment, Travel, Expense Approvals; Procurement; Fixed Asset and Software Capitalization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Past experience with GAAP accounting rules
- QuickBooks, Accounts Payable and Payroll (ADP) processing experience
- Previous experience with banks regarding operating and investment accounts, credit cards and working capital debt lines.
- Proven experience with Audit, Tax Returns and 409A valuations
- 5 to 10+ years of financial and management experience in a high-growth bio-tech or hi tech company
- Demonstrated success in the development of a responsive finance team in fast paced and complex organizations
- Ability to work independently and identify and implement process improvements
- Keen analytical skills to evaluate and articulate the financial and operational impact of key decisions and contracts
- Demonstrated creativity and novel approaches to solving problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.