At eGenesis, we aspire to deliver safe and effective human transplantable cells, tissue and organs utilizing the latest advancements in genome editing.
eGenesis is seeking an innovative immunologist who has a high degree of creativity and independence, and is used to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. By focusing on the molecular, cellular and immune signaling aspects of next generation xenotransplantation you will develop novel solutions to tackle the worldwide organ shortage crisis. We anticipate that our cutting-edge research will continue to lead to publication of impactful papers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing innovative translational research in immunology and xenotransplantation immunology. The qualified candidate will be a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual that possesses substantial in vitro and in vivo experience in studying innate immunology, biology of T cells and/or myeloid cells, preferably in the xenotransplantation context. The position requires innovative and comprehensive ideas, and practical project design and execution to solve the immune rejection issue in xenotransplantation. The candidate should also be able to work independently and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ph.D in Immunology or related discipline.
- Experience: Scientist (4-7 yrs); Senior Scientist (7-10 yrs).
- Familiarity with human translational research in xenotransplantation immunology is preferred but not required.
- Relevant Industry and/or post-doctoral experience is highly preferred.
- The successful candidate will have outstanding experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills.
- A proven track record in the field of immunology, as evidenced by publication record.
- Extensive experience with primary immune cells of rodent and/or human origin, immunological and functional assays, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of cellular immunology.
- Demonstrated creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing external collaborations desired.
- Industry experience desired.