Our client was built on a singular vision – to help bring brands to life by connecting consumers with the brand on an emotional, intellectual, and physical level. Creative design, experiential marketing and event production are what they do .
We are seeking a Creative Director to join the team in Torrance. This is an opportunity to work with a growing agency, within a creative/ collaborative environment and on global accounts.
Our ideal candidate has experience with high profile, innovative companies. A background in scenic/interior design or other special design fields is helpful but not necessary. Must have strong graphic design skills; experience working with third party vendors and be a task master who follows through on every detail.
- Work closely with Creative Director as well as Account Management and Production teams to solve our clients’ business challenges in unique and innovative ways, while upholding the highest design standards.
- Create, define and oversee creative process and ideation; taking initial concepts and turning them into compelling visual stories.
- Define the strategic vision and goals; be able to define the “what, where, when, why and how” of a proposed project before budgets are committed.
- Create and/or manage the layout design for all 2D creative elements including in RFPs and client projects and activations.
- Lead presentations and strategy sessions with clients and partners.
- Direct internal and external creative teams; work with designers, artists and producers on the creative product and brand development process.
- Collaborate with Account and Production leads to ensure all client deliverables are being met on a timely basis with consistency and high quality; partner on operationalizing concepts within budget while meeting timelines.
- Coordinate with outside resources, including vendors, photographers, printers, fabricators, freelancers and/or web and interactive contractors, to complete creative materials for each
account, as needed.
- Respond to client feedback and maintain creative integrity of projects from development through to activation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Design.
- At least five years of relevant agency experience bringing event concepts to life through all phases of a project from conception to completion.
- Effective communicator and storyteller with the ability to find the best approach to verbally and visually communicate an idea AND articulately present it to other team members, clients and
- Demonstrated experience in leading the visual interpretation of new business and client review decks through various communication vehicles.
- Excellent listener, able to get at the heart of what the client and/or team is telling you.
- Experience collaborating with teams of creatives, designers, producers, account managers and content developers.
- Passion for dreaming up game-changing experiential ideas and bringing them to life.
- Understands the difference between great creative for creative’s sake and create creative that solves a business challenge.
- Deep technical understanding of and capability with the latest Adobe Creative Suite of programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator); Strong graphic and typography design skills.
- Familiarity with 3D design a strong plus.