Our client is a leading solutions provider in tension fabric, wide format graphics, and specialty signage for brand experience venues. We are currently searching for a Design Director to join their office in Elk Grove Village.
This position is responsible for the company’s design services. They must be able to design and present solutions to customer problems and issues, utilizing Company products and services that deliver positive business results within the parameters of time and budget, bringing powerful brand experiences to life.
Using their own strong design skills and the other design resources within Company, they will increase the volume of design offerings and the number of areas within the organization where design services accelerate results. And, they will improve the quality of Company design services and solutions.
And for our agency customers, they will collaborate with their design and sales teams to help them win projects and offer leading edge creative that differentiates them in their markets and results in more business for the Company
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accelerate and enhance customer engagement during the sales process and increase the percentage of projects resulting in orders by delivering compelling creative solutions via concept sketches, drawings, animations, and renderings that help customers visualize the Company solution.
- Manage and lead current and future, internal and external creative resources across the enterprise. Control the resources flexing staff levels and outside resources.
- Ensure the best possible pricing, terms and conditions are communicated to internal stakeholders by the required project deadlines
- Set creative department standards and establish processes.
- Travel to client to determine need and develop presentations where needed.
- Manage Design Request, estimating, and execution portion of the project.
- Report trends to Product Development and assist where needed.
- Develop and maintain design presentation material standards.
- Represent company at tradeshows and industry events (as needed).
- Fully understand and communicate attributes and strengths of Company products, capabilities, and services to the customer. Also, understand limitations and requirements of each product.
- Position reports to the SVP of Global Design and Development.
- Create regular reports on project status.
- Record all billable hours, expenses and project costs by project.
- Coordinate billable and non-billable time and project costs with estimating and accounts payable for proper project billing.
- Document and manage all design files and materials for future use.
- Minimum Bachelor Fine Art Degree (in Architectural or Design related field of study).
- Competent in all phases of design, including: graphic design, concept development, sketching, rapid prototyping, 3D rendering, and animation.
- Proven strong Creative Design skills and a strong, high level aesthetic and design sense. Track record solving problems and client issues and delivering positive business results.
- Experienced manager and leader of creative services team. Experience working with Design for Manufacturability is a plus.
- Competent with all creative presentation tools from concept sketches to 3D renderings and animations.
- Experience and/or knowledge in the following disciplines: Retail Store Design and Merchandising including shop concept development – Tradeshow Exhibit Design – Event and Experience Design – Branded Environmental Design - Graphic Design- Product Design and Development.
- Great communication skills both written and oral.
- Proven skills in presentation delivery, relationship selling and other business development and sales activities.
- A strong creative advocate inside and outside the organization.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with successive levels of responsibility and authority
- Adobe CC Applications- InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator, using a Mac in a PC Environment.
- Experience using CAD tools.`
- Competent in using Creative Cloud Libraries for asset creation, management and sharing.
- Modeling and rendering capability in 3D Max or Sketch up modeling and Keyshot rendering is a plus.
- Experience with digital Project Management/Iteration Tools. Basecamp, Asana, or Smartsheet are a plus.
Additional Required Skills:
- Able to work on many projects at once, switching back and forth, and prioritizing.
- Able to identify and share workflow efficiencies and inefficiencies in a thoughtful, proactive and helpful manner.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- A big picture understanding of how iteration and revisions in design impact a design system and an ability anticipate and track changes through all affected deliverables.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment.
- Remain productive and effective under pressure and deadlines.
- Job may require weekend and evening work on occasion.
- Able to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of scale.
- Must have proven ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information.
- Must have a high level of ethics, integrity, and reliability, having a strong grasp of both “big picture” and “detail” issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: including active listening and articulate verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, interact and cooperate with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work within and be a part of a team.
- Excellent ability to give and receive constructive feedback on performance of self and others.
- Able to read, write and speak clearly in English to communicate internally and externally.
Mathematical Abilities: College level skills in business math, including algebra and geometry. Strong ability to use formulas and functions in spreadsheet software. Experience negotiating complex data sets to drive to concise results and recommendations.
Working Conditions: Ability to perform computer work, sit, or stand for long periods of time. Ability to travel independently by air and car domestically and internationally as needed, sometimes on short notice.