Our Client is a trusted exposition, exhibits and events partner that invests in clients to help them grow attendee, sponsorship and exhibits revenue by creating compelling experiences from ideas to design to execution to results. We are searching for a talented 3D Designer to join their team in Irving, Texas.
The 3D Designer works collaboratively with the 3D team, creating rendered environments with either exhibits, or trade shows. This position works closely with senior teams to help with large projects in 3D studio Max, and assists with laying out print for 3d and production.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Possess initiative and a creative mind, good use of hierarchy and typography at the root of all projects
- Render trade show spaces and designs for customers and other senior team members
- Maintain libraries, ability to reskin existing spaces of rendered designs for customers
- Works with and takes direction from various teams within the company to execute on an idea, Marketing, Creative Director, Graphic Production, Cad, Project managers with instruction elements required
- Collect and manage supporting files related to each space or environment designed
- Conduct market research in support of the why behind designs, ability to create storyboards, mood boards to support ideas
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and arranges layout based upon available space and aesthetic design concepts
- Demonstrate solid design sense through each project that includes space, measurement, form, color, background in material selection and application
- Experience in Octonorm, Be Matrix, other metal fabrication and or building background a plus
- Exceptional project management skills, ability to perform under pressure and meet tight datelines
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- BA/BS in Industrial design or equivalent from four-year College or technical school; or 1-3 years related design experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- This is an opportunity to join a high-performing team in a dynamic and exponentially growing company
- Portfolio required for ALL applicants demonstrating style, design and experience
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
The following key competencies represent qualities, traits and behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list is not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- Working knowledge of graphic designing software in a MAC/PC environment. The employee is required to have skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Adobe Creative Suite, most importantly Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe In Design a plus
- Studio Max, Vray a plus
- PPT a plus
- Animation, or other program knowledge a plus
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Position to reside in HQ office in Irving Texas
- Position is NOT a remote, or home working, FT in office