Part Time Chief Medical Director - Job Description
The Chief Medical Officer (“CMO”) is responsible for the clinical vision of and provides oversight of all clinical programs and reports to the CEO. The CMO is responsble for guiding the review, development, and implementation of medical protocols, policies, practices, clinical programs in the clinical setting.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Chief Medical Officer oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of care programs and protocols. They also will provide oversight and recommendations of the prevention, quality improvement, wellness services, employer health, and case and disease management programs.
The Chief Medical Officer monitors the safety, quality and appropriateness of clinical care and programs. This means they monitor and update clinical guidelines, safety standards and access processes.
The Chief Medical Officer must ensure that their public interactions with stakeholders are aligned with business goals, customer needs and medical strategies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide Clinical expertise in protocol and care program development and review.
- Serves as oversight to clinical personnel for care programs delivered per protocols
- Supervise the development of evidence based and consensus based wellness/ health programs.
- Assist the CEO with development of clinical strategic planning including:
- adoption of new clinical technologies
- Expansion of clinical care programs and effective employer health initiatives.
- Serve as the chair to the Clinical Advisory Board, seeking insight and external review of protocols, processes and quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide key clinical leadership in developing clinical analytics and metrics.
- Leading interdisciplinary meetings with clinical and support staff to assure the highest of quality patient care.
- Assures effective, ethical and efficient delivery of high quality care consistent with the mission and vision of organization..
- Ensure clinical practice guidelines reflect evidence based and consensus based practices and are focused on achieving optimal outcomes, including self-determination, independence and meeting behavioral goals.
- A current license in KY
- Board Certified in Primary Care; Internal medicine preferred / Credentialed and in good standing.