We believe that we are on the verge of a major shift in the types of assets where the world’s wealth is stored. The wealth of hundred trillion dollars stored in traditional assets is now starting to move towards various new types of digital assets and this shift requires a new infrastructure built from the ground up.
As an institutional-grade custodian, Edmund’s mission is to bridge this gap between investors, asset issuers, and digital wealth through our proprietary custody solutions. Our diverse team of engineering, finance, compliance, and product specialists boasts vast regulatory experience and a rich pedigree building secure, scalable, and regulatorily compliant software infrastructure.
Edmund is backed by RRE, Matrix, Aspect Ventures, Future Perfect Ventures, and others.
Our microservices-based architecture stack includes Java, Postgres, Python, RabbitMQ and Solidity.
This position is based in Ljubljana and includes occasional international travel.
As an Backend Engineer at Edmund, you will:
- be a part of the founding team that will launch the product into production.
- own the code from design to implementation in a test driven development environment.
- make an impact by delivering secure code in Java and Python.
- work closely with the Product, Infrastructure, and Compliance teams.
- work in an international environment.
- work in the crypto-assets business space where security is top priority.
- integrate support for cryptocurrencies and smart contracts.
You might be a fit for this role if you:
- understand how business needs translate into great engineering solutions.
- take pride in taking projects that involve a wide variety of technologies and systems towards successful completion.
- thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- can break down large problems into small, manageable, deliverable chunks.
- communicate technical details clearly and concisely.
- love working with other developers to help them learn and grow, and have them help you learn and grow as well.
- are passionate about coding.
- Understanding of financial systems.
- Developing systems compliant with the regulatory environment.
- Familiarity with double-entry bookkeeping.
- Deep understanding of Public Key Infrastructure.
You should include these in your application:
- CV or Linkedin profile.
- Github or link to open source projects.
- Link to a portfolio and a live product.
- A few words about why Edmund is interesting to you.