We believe that we are on the verge of a major shift in the types of assets where the world’s wealth is stored. The wealth of hundred trillion dollars stored in traditional assets is now starting to move towards various new types of digital assets and this shift requires a new infrastructure built from the ground up.
As an institutional-grade custodian, Edmund’s mission is to bridge this gap between investors, asset issuers, and digital wealth through our proprietary custody solutions. Our diverse team of engineering, finance, compliance, and product specialists boasts vast regulatory experience and a rich pedigree building secure, scalable, and regulatorily compliant software infrastructure.
Edmund is backed by RRE, Matrix, Aspect Ventures, Future Perfect Ventures, and others.
As a DevOps at Edmund you will be responsible for further developing our secure deployment environment and procedures. You will work closely with the Product, Engineering, and Compliance teams. Our architecture stack consists of multiple current technologies, from Java/Python microservices through continuous integrations to continuous deployment to AWS cloud.
The role is either remote or based in our Ljubljana office and includes occasional international travel.
As an DevOps at Edmund, you will:
- make an impact by securing services and infrastructure bottom-up.
- work with the Development team and manage a fleet of Linux servers and cloud infrastructure (GCP/AWS/Azure) to provide a reliable and secure production environment.
- engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing infrastructure platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- scale systems’ sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- advocate security and secure practices throughout Edmund.
- conduct research to identify new attack vectors against our products and services.
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- built scalable infrastructure in the past.
- a proneness to valuing your own free time by writing good monitoring checks.
- extensive experience with securing server infrastructure.
- a very good security posture.
- strong scripting skills - Bash, Python.
- strong development knowledge of deployment automation tools - Ansible.
- experience with Git.
- strong Linux system operation experience.
- experience with AWS cloud (or any other cloud provider, but AWS is a plus).
- docker knowledge (Experience with AWS Fargate is a plus).
- experience with CI/CD tools (Gitlab is a plus).
- strong problem-solving, multitasking, and analytical skills to deal with occasional urgent situations.
- proven writing ability and passion for clear, actionable documentation.
- passion for working with others in order to help them learn and grow, and have them help you learn and grow as well.
- an ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Experience with RabbitMQ and/or PostgreSQL is a plus.
- Experience with system compliance in the regulatory environment.
- Experience with any kind of HSM's is a plus.
- Experience with systems hardening is a plus.
- Knowledge of some major development languages (Java, Python..).
- Knowledge of financial systems.