Edgestream Partners, L.P. is an algorithmic hedge fund founded in 2003. We build robust, high-quality software that we run and manage on a global network of compute servers. Our software implements real-time mathematical models (using Machine Learning) that trade around the clock in many of the world’s financial markets and asset classes.
We are a small group of scientists and software engineers who take pride in our software craftsmanship and are looking to add a software engineer to our team.
This team member will:
- Develop new features for our trading platform
- Implement trading for new strategies, markets, and asset classes
- Deploy, run, and oversee monitoring of our trading platform
- Collect, interpret, munge, move, store, and wrangle data from a wide variety of sources
- Maintain and extend our parallel, distributed computing environment
Skills/experience that we look for in a team member:
- Python, C, Cython, NumPy, Pandas
- Twisted, Git, PostgreSQL
- Network programming (sockets)
- Linux/UNIX: command line tools, filesystems, signals, pipes
- May have at one time installed Gentoo
- Once debugged a bizarre SIGSTP trap that didn’t do the right thing
- Wrote an incorrect atomic-file-write function that one time
- Doesn’t know how that shell line became a 500-character monster with two awks
- Once got mad at your coworker for using wall
- Linux kernel experience is a big plus
Characteristics that we look for in a team member:
- Loves to build high-quality software - computer programming is a passion and a profession
- Enjoys learning and acquiring knowledge - quickly and independently
- Dislikes complexity and strives to find simple and elegant solutions
- Collaborative and team-oriented
Yes, we are in the financial industry, but no, we do not require any financial industry experience.
If you love to build rock-solid production software, then please reach out to us - we'd love to talk with you. All experience levels are encouraged to apply.
Some of the benefits of working at Edgestream:
- Awesome colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based discretionary bonus
- Excellent health and dental insurance with 100% of premiums paid by Edgestream - for employees and their immediate family
- Catered lunches, four days a week
- Free on-site gym
Legal disclaimer: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.