My client, a company of over 10,000 employees, works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. They are more than a research lab; they are an innovation hub. They have an entrepreneurial spirit molding technology of the future. They are involved in cybersecurity, data analytics, advanced networking, wireless and mobility, display technologies, optical and quantum, power grid and IoT security, and electronic warfare.
The industries they work in include smart cities and smart phones, intelligent battlefields and autonomous systems, telecommunications, energy, finance, government, life sciences and defense.
The candidate will be responsible for development of both FPGA designs and embedded systems software for low-volume proof-of-concept products. This position presents a great opportunity for candidates that are looking to work on challenging, cutting edge technology across diverse areas and research projects.
- Working with small multi-disciplinary team
- Work closely with software developers in a hand on FPGA development role
- Developing FPGA designs based on high level requirements
- Design, document, code, simulate, synthesize and implement HDL designs
- Test and debug entire software/FPGA system
- Implement FPGA designs on devices that are resident in commercial Software Defined Radios (SDRs), e.g., Ettus B210, N310, etc.
- Familiarity with digital signal processing and LTE standard is a plus
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Familiar with implementing fixed point signal processing algorithms in both embedded software and HDL.
- Familiar with RF systems and test equipment
- 5+ years developing FPGA designs, testing, and debugging
- U.S. Citizen with a current security clearance of SECRET or above, or the ability to obtain a security clearance