Performs a variety of project engineering & project management work (cradle to grave experience is mandatory for this gig) capital projects. Work is performed both in the field and office environment
Responsibilities of Position:
- Ensure the safe execution of all projects managed or in assigned areas, while working with appropriate HSE personnel ensuring all government agency requirements (i.e., permits, notifications) are satisfied.
- Manage the execution of capital investments through their entire life cycles in areas assigned: including but not limited to: prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, budgeting, engineering/design, procurement, construction execution, commissioning, startup, and project closure documentation (while following 6-Sigma and DFSS methodologies). Integrate plant personnel to ensure results that meet the needs of the plant Customers.
- Working knowledge of capital project management process, including FEL requirements and stage gate processes.
- Manage $3M - $15M in capital projects annually.
- Work closely with the Site Business Controller to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed projects.
- Manage the overall effort leading to an approved Appropriation Request (AR).
- Provide detailed engineering direction to mechanical designers. Perform detailed engineering in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis.
- Knowledgeable of Automation/Controls type projects is a plus.
- Handle necessary eMOC items in areas assigned and PSSR requirements on Projects assigned.
- Provide support on the business Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan and the Six Sigma Initiatives, in order to develop the appropriate capital plans/budgets.
- Anticipated travel – 10%
- BS degree in Engineering required MUST HAVE 8 years + petro chem experience.
- Working knowledge of industrial work practices as related to Health, Safety, and Environmental impacts.
- Working knowledge of ASME, API, ASTM, ANSI
- Must be able to analyze field data in operating facilities.