Review risk related events, incident reports, loss runs, contracts, malpractice background reviews to evaluate liability exposure.
• Oversee investigations of incidents and claims, evaluate any event that could result in a claim.
• Coordinate development and presentation on risk management issues.
• Consult with medical staff regarding identified risks and the development and implementation of corrective measures.
• Participate in the orientation of new employees to introduce risk management philosophies and programs.
• Oversee and manage medical malpractice claim program.
• Develop claims handling strategies and oversee the claims management program including interacting with TPAs, claims adjusters and defense counsel.
• Coordinate and participate in quarterly claim meetings.
• Attend mediations and trials, as requested.
• Correspond and communicate claim status with involved parties and the Vice President of Risk and provide recommendation for resolution of claim.
Other Management responsibilities
• Assist with preparation of budget, monitor expenses.
• Conduct performance evaluations and set goals for Risk Management Staff.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or four-to-ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Manager and/or prior experience as a healthcare liability claims adjuster.