The key responsibilitiy is to provide call desk services and level 1 technical support to Ethan Group customers and internal divisions. The SSDA differs in that the role embodies more experience and expertise on the Service Desk as a natural progression from the SDA role to incorporate aspects of leading and training more junior staff. Additionally the role should be seen as responsible for assisting the Technical Services Desk Manager in the overall performance and achievement of Service Desk KPIs.
The SSDA interactions extend to both external parties and internal entities as appropriate to co-ordinate the efforts or relevant resources towards the resolution of all support requests as assigned within ConnectWise
- External - customers, service providers and sub-contractors
- Internal - Technical teams and Service Delivery Managers; Sub-Divisions and related personnel; colleagues and associates
The Service Desk is customer facing entity and the main activities incorporate call handling and basic to intermediate technical services to external customers and internal bodies. These services include responding to and resolving customer support requests (phone calls, emails or directly logged tickets into the Service Desk application) within the agreed Service Level Agreements.
The company culture embodies customer first service and the Service Desk Analyst are expected to deliver a high quality and professional Service Desk to the customers.
Key activities in this area are: -
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone and electronically
- Log all help desk interactions
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Action and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Provide leadership and guidance to Service Desk Analysts on Service Desk related tasks
- Assist the Technical Service Desk Manager in the day to day running of the Service Desk
Service Desk Analysts are tasked with being the first technical contact on support issues and a key objective is to provide first call fix capabilities to callers and other electronically submitted requests.
Key activities in this area are: -
- Diagnose and resolve desktop/laptop/portable devices hardware, software and operating issues
- Diagnose and resolve printer hardware, software and operating issues
- Perform basic administration tasks (such as password resets, account creations/deletions) as defined in the specific customer configuration work rules
- Perform backup checks and perform initial diagnostics of reported issues
- Redirect more complex problems to appropriate senior resources
- Actively engage in all project related work when requested to do so
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Adherence to company policy and procedures
- Attendance at work when required to do so: punctual and reliable.
- Professional conduct and behaviour in all dealings with customers, suppliers, colleagues and company personnel.
Skills & experience
- Able to build, configure and troubleshoot Windows based Desktop/laptops hardware and software platforms
- Experience in provide basic trouble shooting skills on Apple based desktops/laptops and tablets
- Perform basic printer and MFD trouble shooting skills
- Perform 1st level domain admin tasks in Microsoft Active Directory (account creation/deletion, policies, DNS, Security and other associates technical elements)
- Understanding of technical backup process and their importance to operating integrity and risk mitigation.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills (including command based diagnostics and review such as ping, ipconfig, tracert)
- Strong team player
- Able to work autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact and partner well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact with all levels in the organisation
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work and handle simultaneous assignments
- Strong initiative
- Strong critical thinking ability and problem resolution skills
- Strict understanding and adherence to confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or relevant work experience desirable
- Microsoft Certifications or equivalent experience necessary to achieve certification if time is allotted