You will be required to successfully complete all pre-employment procedures including successfully passing a background check, fingerprinting, and a drug test that meets Federal regulation guidelines (including testing for marijuana).
Summary of Position
The Computer Trainer is responsible for teaching essential computer skills related to maintaining independence and obtaining employment. The Computer Trainer will typically train with small groups and occasionally one-on-one primarily at Easterseals Nevada Job Day Training facilities. This position may require hands on work with individuals with severe disabilities who may be physically aggressive.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide computer training focused on job related computer skills including keyboarding, program navigation, and routine computing tasks.
- Coordinate with each client/trainee’s primary staff to reinforce vocational, prevocational and employment training goals including skills, work ethic skills and personal grooming skills for the workplace.
- Identify needed job readiness skills and participate in developing those skills.
- Identify technology needs for each client/trainee and make appropriate referrals.
- Responsible for recording incident reports and case notes as necessary and submit client/trainee incident reports as established procedure to assigned JDT staff in a timely manner.
- Participate in developing individualized and group training plans for optimum learning.
- Perform routine set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting for technology used by individuals in the program.
- Responsible for completing computer training related to client/trainee individualized training plans.
- Maintain age appropriate and active treatment for assigned clients/trainees.
- Responsible for observation, accurate recording, data collection, and progress data on assigned client/trainees. Submits data to assigned JDT staff in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that computer training equipment is maintained and operating as expected.
- Responsible for maintaining the daily cleanliness, order and maintenance of work areas and assigned training materials.
- Responsible for immediately reporting if witness to any inappropriateness of staff towards or with client/trainees.
- Demonstrate alertness to trainee’s appropriate and inappropriate behavior and demonstrate ability to assist client/trainee with improving or eliminating the inappropriate behavior.
- Accurately complete tracking sheets on assigned trainees daily, including code, unit, rate, productivity, wages and hours.
- Arrive at work at the scheduled time and follow proper procedure for calling in or requesting days off.
- Participate in job related training offered at Easterseals Nevada and other local training sites in an effort to increase skills and improve current skills.
- Present self in a professional and appropriate manner toward client/trainees, co-workers and others in the industry.
- Additional duties as assigned by the AT Director or their designee, CIO, Chief of Programs, or President/CEO.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate level of knowledge of computers including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet, email, and general Office equipment, i.e. copiers, scanning, faxing.
- Intermediate level of Google Suite including G Mail, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Contacts, and other Google Suite features.
- Willingness to learn new computers programs, assistive technology devices and programs.
- Ability to teach and convey ideas in a positive method and document progress towards each goal.
- Willingness to participate in and actively increase knowledge in progressive services to people with disabilities;
- Ability to work with people that have severe, profound and multiple disabilities on a daily basis
- Ability to promote a positive, professional image and interacts well with co-workers, parents, providers, vendors and staff.
- Ability to provide accurate case documentation.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across ESN programs to provide continuity of service
- Ability to show initiative and will ask for direction and/or clarification when needed.
- Ability to perform physical and verbal intervention of client-trainees, including, but not limited to: blocking or moving away from physical behaviors by client-trainees; directing or redirecting client-trainees when behaviors warrant physical and/or verbal intervention, etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPI Certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Ability to perform CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to visually observe and hear client-trainees.
- Ability to physically assist client-trainees in/out of vehicles; ability to physically assist client-trainees in getting in/out of chairs, wheelchairs or other assistive devices, etc.
- Have daily reliable transportation.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- A minimum of six months experience in related field or life experience.
Will be working at multiple locations different days of the week according to schedule and business needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, frequently talk or hear, reach with hands, lift arms above and below shoulder level, occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs. On regular occasions lift and/or move up to 50lbs and can request assistance if needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision.