You will be required to successfully complete all pre-employment procedures including successfully passing a background check, fingerprinting, and a drug test that meets Federal regulation guidelines (including testing for marijuana).
Easterseals Nevada is hiring for three custodial employment trainers for three of our locations in Las Vegas and North Las Vegas!
Summary of Position:
The Custodial Employment Trainer is responsible for employment skills training onsite at ESN properties and implementing individual’s trainee plans. This is a direct service position, which requires hands on work with individuals with disabilities. Responsible for indoor and outdoor routine custodial and light facilities maintenance, grounds keeping and floor care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide direct supervision, vocational, prevocational and employment training of client/trainees including skills, work ethic skills and personal grooming skills for the workplace.
- May have to transport client/trainees via ESN vehicles, including 15 passenger van.
- Provide training and reinforcement for specific tasks which could include custodial work, grounds keeping work and program goals.
- Responsible for recording incident reports and case notes as necessary and submit client/trainee incident reports as established procedure to ESN case manager in a timely manner.
- Responsible for carrying out assigned client/trainee individualized training plans.
- Floor Care including carpets and linoleum: cleaning, mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing and vacuuming floors.
- Grounds keeping, including lawn and plant care, parking lot and common areas.
- Responsible for maintaining the daily cleanliness, order and maintenance of work areas and assigned training materials.
- Empty and clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Adheres to and follows all safety procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and equipment.
- Accurately complete tracking sheets on assigned trainees daily and wages and hours.
- Servicing, cleans and sanitizes restrooms: including cleaning toilets, sinks and floor; performs emergency cleaning services.
- Perform cleaning dusting and cleaning offices, hallways, large room, classroom, common areas, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Records, completes and uses proper work orders logs.
- Performs building inspections for quality assurance of assigned duties.
- Loads and unload supplies, moves heavy furniture and equipment using dollies, handcarts, or power equipment.
- Immediately informs Custodial Manager of any needed repairs to facilities and/or equipment.
- Additional duties assigned by Manager, Director or Senior Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work varying shifts: afternoons, evening, nights or weekends.
- Ability to work with people that have severe, profound and multiple disabilities on a daily basis
- Ability to promote a positive, professional image and interacts well with co-workers, parents, providers, vendors and staff.
- Ability to provide accurate case documentation.
- Ability to show initiative and will ask for direction and/or clarification when needed.
- Must be available to work at the different locations to meet the organization needs.
- Must comply with HIPAA regulations and adhere to the confidentiality policy.
- Must obtain and maintain CPI Certification
- Must obtain and maintain a CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Ability to visually observe and hear client-trainees.
- Ability to physically assist client-trainees in/out of vehicles; ability to physically assist client-trainees in getting in/out of chairs, wheelchairs or other assistive devices, etc.
- Must become drivers of ESN vehicles:
o Ability to drive passenger vans, including 15 passenger and handicap accessible vans.
o Must have and maintain current Nevada driver’s license
o Must have and maintain a good driving record
Ability to be out in Las Vegas area outdoor weather conditions, including extreme heat, extreme cold, wind, poor air quality and wet or humid conditions, etc.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in related field or life experience.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must possess effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, frequently talk or hear, reach with hands, lift arms above and below shoulder level, occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must be able to lift, move and/or push up to 25 pounds. On regular occasions lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and can request assistance if needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. ESN reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time.