Who We Are
Since 1976, Capability Health & Human Services has been advocating for, and working with, infants, children, youth and adults who have disabilities and other challenges. Here at Capability Health & Human Services, we are creating solutions that help people with disabilities become self-sufficient through education, community partnerships and direct services.
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate person to join the team as our full-time Speech Language Pathologist for our Las Vegas location: 7281 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89117
Summary of Position:
Using a client centered model, within the confines of the Capability Health & Human Services clinic, as well as using a parent educational model in the Early Intervention program, a Speech Language Pathologist will help the client develop or regain physical or mental functioning by implementing programs to improve speech delays, conditions and feeding issues. The Speech Language Pathologist performs other administrative duties as may be required in support of the program goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops ideas, plans, and procedures for initiation, expansion, improvement, and evaluation of therapy programs.
- Completes initial evaluations and re-evaluations for patients in the program; examines the condition of patients and analyzes their needs; determines the need for an occupational therapy evaluation and selects and administers appropriate assessment tools to evaluate the patient.
- Prepares reports and attends multidisciplinary case meeting to decide and review the continuing treatment.
- Maintains clinical and administrative records in accordance with professional standards, state guidelines and agency system policy; adheres to federal and state regulation, and policies that affect occupational therapy practice.
- Participates in continuing education for professional development to ensure practice consistent with best practice and to meet Nevada Licensure requirements.
- Participates in bi monthly staff meetings.
- Attends staff trainings.
- Case assignment will be dictated at the discretion of Capability Health & Human Services’ needs in the Early Intervention and outpatient clinic programs.
- Manages patients with different types of personalities
- Interprets evaluation data and writes comprehensive reports that reflect strengths and barriers to client participation; directs program development; and guides evidence-based intervention.
- Uses professional Code of Ethics and standards of practice to guide ethical decision making in practice.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Other Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in an environment with individuals with severe disabilities who may be developmentally and behaviorally challenged.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion pertaining to the work environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Initial certification by National Board for Speech Language Pathology required.
- Current Speech Therapy License from the State of Nevada required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with children using knowledge of treatment practices per discipline required.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of the federal, state local legislation, regulations, policies and procedures that mandate and guide occupational therapy in practice required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) required.
- You will be required to successfully complete all pre-employment procedures including successfully passing a background check, fingerprinting, and a drug test.
- Additional life insurances
- Various employee discounts