$11.00/hrWho We Are
Since 1950, Easterseals Nevada
has been advocating for, and working with, infants, children, youth and adults who have disabilities and other challenges. Here at Easterseals Nevada, we are creating solutions that help people with disabilities become self-sufficient through education, community partnerships and direct services.
We are looking for dedicated and compassionate people to join our team as full-time Direct Support Staff for our two locations:
- 6200 W. Oakey Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89146
- 3131 W. Craig Rd., Ste. 150, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
- 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
- 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Summary of Position:
The Direct Support Staff is responsible for self-help skills, social skills, employment skills training and behavior modification at Easterseals Nevada’s Adult Day Services. This is a direct service position, which requires hands on work with individuals with severe disabilities, including developmental and behavioral issues. All activities performed within the ADS program are rehabilitative.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for accurately recording incident reports and case notes as necessary and submitting client incident reports in a timely manner.
- Maintains age appropriate and active treatment for assigned group of client-trainees.
- Demonstrate respect of client's dignity and human rights through appropriate voice tone, mannerisms and interactions and physical management; includes awareness and practice of confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Responsible for observation, accurate recording, data collection, contract work counts and progress data on assigned clients in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining the daily cleanliness, orderliness and maintenance of work area and training materials.
- Responsible for reporting immediately if witness to any inappropriateness of staff towards or with client.
- Demonstrates alertness to client’s appropriate and inappropriate behavior and demonstrates ability to assist client with improving or eliminating the inappropriate behavior.
- Accurately completes tracking sheets on assigned client daily.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be age 18 years or older
- Must have a CPR and First Aid Certification (must obtain within 30 days of employment)
- Must have six months of experience in a related field or related life experience
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- You will be required to successfully complete all pre-employment procedures including successfully passing a background check, fingerprinting, and a drug test that meets Federal regulation guidelines (including testing for marijuana).
- Additional life insurances
- Various employee discounts