EarnUp’s mission is get the hundreds of millions of Americans out of debt. The EarnUp platform aggregates, tracks, and automates all of a consumer’s loan payments on a single platform, helping them get out of debt faster and save money.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a rapidly growing engineering team on challenging problems that require good design, usability, performance, and scalability.
What does the Engineering Manager do?
- Coach and mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management
- Give the engineering team the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of the engineers
- Communicate early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineering and the rest of the company
- Be responsible for EarnUp's technical strategy and roadmap - create success metrics and prioritize the team's work in close collaboration with other teams
- Recruit engineering talent and aggressively close candidates
What we are looking for?
- Significant experience as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Significant engineering management experience with leading a team to deliver high-quality software and achieve goals
- Ability to do code reviews and do hands-on coding as needed
- Experience shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on results
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills to improve engineering team’s skills and grow their careers
- Deep experience building and architecting web platforms at scale
- Have a good sense of design and to drive an excellent user experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity
- Proficiency with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Ember, or similar.
- Experience with technologies such as Node.js, Flask, Ruby on Rails, Django, or similar
- DevOps experience with AWS or similar cloud provider
- Passion. At EarnUp, we help disrupt the financial industry. Our success and ability to provide an invaluable product is born from this.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. This is a start-up where we will help leverage and leverage your wide range of skills and further develop them.
- Ambition and drive to make a difference in the world.
Why you’ll love working at EarnUp!
- Opportunity to grow from the ground up with an early stage startup with terrific VC backing!
- Fast-paced start-up community with great growth opportunities
- Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
- Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
- Open company culture with weekly lunches and off-site team outings
- Office located in the heart of San Francisco
- Great compensation / benefits package