We’re Eargo and we’re on a mission to disrupt and transform the hearing health industry. We’re looking for those passionate individuals who jump out of bed in the morning dreaming of new ways to improve the lives of our customers. We’re tech geeks and dreamers. We believe that every voice is unique and every idea is worth talking about. Moreover, we believe in passion and having fun. Because it takes passion to change the world and if you have passion in what you’re doing, you naturally have fun doing it.
The Electro-Acoustic Engineer would be involved in design and engineering development of audio requirements and systems, and related verification and validation of those requirements and systems for Eargo hearing instruments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Measure and validate audio performance at a system & component level
- Evaluate, characterize and test micro-transducers & audio systems
- Failure Analysis & Problem solving of Audio Quality, Electroacoustics and Digital Signal processing algorithmic issue pertaining to hearing aids
- Develop test protocols for evaluating and validating DSP algorithms and hardware prototypes
- Write Matlab/python scripts for acoustical testing & analysis.
- Automate and perform acoustics tests for mass production and ANSI/IEC standards
- Work with and Calibrate Acoustics hardware and tools: amplifiers, measurements microphones, HATS, sound calibrators, Listen Inc Sound Check, FONIX system.
- Work with cross-functional teams in helping them with Acoustics measurements
- Master’s degree in Acoustics/Electrical Engineering or related field with 1-2 year of relevant audio product development experience
- Knowledge of DSP, psychoacoustics as related to speech & audio processing
- Experience with standard audio hardware: amplifiers, measurement microphones, HATS, ear simulators, sound calibrators, sound level meters
- Experience using standard audio software: DAWs, Adobe Audition, SoundCheck
- Experience programming in Python, Matlab, C#
- Highly Detailed Oriented and well organized
- Exceptional Analytical and problem solving skills
Eargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided upon the basis of qualification, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.