Seeking a Cyber Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction. The qualified applicant will serve as a Senior UX and Web Design Engineer for a Frameworks contract and become part of Northrop Grumman's Cyber Intelligence Mission Solutions Division - a market leader which innovates a culture of creativity, investment, and teamwork to solve the Intelligence Community's toughest problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This team supports a Research and Development group in the development of a prototype and operational hybrid system environment. A UI developer with extensive UX and web design experience is required for the ideal candidate.
The candidate designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. They conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. They determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. The candidate will ensure software standards are met.
• At least 10 years of software development to include significant experience as graphic designer with extensive web application design experience.
• Able to focus on developing highly usable end user interfaces, applying UI best practices and UX principles.
• Able to interact with project managers and users to identify client needs and suggest forward-looking solutions that make people think in new ways.
• Able to work with developers in digital strategy, web development, and content development to develop creative concepts and design executions, with a focus on creativity, detail, organization, and high quality work.
• Able to draw graphics/screen layouts/color schemes using products such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, Gimp. (Portfolio review is desired).
• Ability to work well in an agile team environment with rapidly changing tasking and priorities.
• Wireframe development and application.
• Icon/logo development.
• Experience developing analytic-based user interfaces.
• 508 experience.
• An existing "portfolio" to highlight previous work (as much as practical in our environment) would be helpful for evaluation purposes.
Required Clearance: | TS/SCI/FSP
Schedule: | Full Time
Shift: | 1
Work Site: | Government Site