In addition to meeting the labor category requirements for which the candidate is submitted, candidates are also required to meet the following:
• Provide systems engineering support to large-scale systems, major system elements, and/or interfacing systems within a cloud or virtual environment.
• Provide design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, or testing for the program.
• Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications.
• Support cloud technology adoption and integration of components into the cloud architecture.
• Interface with compliance and security organizations to investigate, guide and ensure appropriate data handling and security postures are included in requirements, design, and implementations.
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, conduct feasibility studies, and identify risk.
• Facilitate the interface between customer and development teams; communicate requirements and design to developer teams for implementation; track and review development, keeping the customer in the loop
• Review and draft white papers and technical materials
• Develop physical models based on relational data to potentially be housed in a non-relational cloud technology database
• Develop efficient and access-compliant manifestations of data using cloud technologies
• Use tools and analysis to identify key data and subsequently structured data for improved discovery and search capabilities
• Compare and contrast performance, scalability, maintainability, availability, security, and compliance of database technologies
• Conduct statistical analysis of data
• Experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass systems architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
• Experience in application migration into cloud environments and technologies, as well as customer data types, protocols, and policies
• Experience with or knowledge of analytics processing and metrics
• Experience with customer requirement solicitation, capture, and refinement, decomposing requirements into system and functional requirements
• Experience in defining and modeling business processes and workflows and identifying mechanisms and approaches for process improvement and/or automation
• Strong system engineering experience working with development teams as well as demonstrated proficiency engaging with senior developers
• Excellent technical, nontechnical and bridging communication skills, both verbal and written
• Understanding of customer security and compliance regulations, directives, and policies; experience interfacing with and navigating policy and compliance governing organizations processes
• Knowledge of the formal Systems Engineering discipline and Systems Engineering artifacts
• Experience with conceptual data modeling
• Experience with an intelligence community and signals intelligence mission(s), data flow, and data formats (ASDF, TCLD etc.)
• Experience with JIRA and Agile/Kanban methodologies
• Knowledge of database technologies such as Accumulo, Elasticsearch, or Splunk