Do you have a passion for science and take pride in excellent work? Would you love doing impactful research using cutting-edge technologies, while working together with highly motivated team members?
Who we are:
Dyno Therapeutics is a Cambridge based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses next-gen DNA technologies and machine learning to engineer Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) capsids for effective delivery of gene therapies.
What we offer you:
As a member of our new and quickly growing company, you’ll help us shape Dyno from the very beginning into a startup that not only takes its scientific mission seriously but also provides a positive and supportive workplace environment. And Dyno will have the opportunity to benefit from the insight, diversity, and talent that you’ll bring. Together, we’ll help turn gene therapy into reality.
Dyno wants to help transform the gene therapy universe. AAV capsids are the vector of choice when it comes to delivering transgenes in vivo for gene therapy and genome editing. Eclipsing all of its predecessors, AAV is at the forefront of gene delivery approaches both at the research level and at the clinical front. Dyno aims to make it even better. Doing so will enable treatment for millions of patients with currently incurable, often disabling and deadly diseases, and we invite you to become a part of that.
Dyno has a transformative pipeline for AAV engineering that harnesses DNA library synthesis, high-throughput sequencing, and machine learning to improve AAV capsids and lift them above current fitness landscape boundaries into unexplored areas. While AAV is the current go-to method for gene delivery, there’s much room for improvement with regard to central factors like delivery efficiency, tissue and cell-type targeting, evading the immune system, and others. These limitations stand between the many significant advances achieved in gene therapy research and their translation into real-world, effective therapies. Our approach resolves these issues, generating next-gen AAV vectors that move gene therapies from the lab into clinics for the benefit of patients worldwide.
Dyno is located near Kendall Square in Cambridge within the dynamic LabCentral community, alongside other new companies that are turning ideas into reality, changing the biotech and medical scenes. We’ve recently joined this exciting hub and are thrilled to expand our Team with hardworking, highly qualified, highly motivated individuals.
Under the guidance of senior researchers, you would support a number of stages in the Dyno pipeline, including the assembly of complex AAV vector libraries from synthesized DNA and the preparation of AAV library samples for Next-Gen Sequencing analysis. Consistency, clever protocol optimization, and precision are key to Dyno’s workflow. This important role caps our vector engineering process on both ends, and calls for an established Molecular Biology skillset and the ability to learn, develop, and optimize detailed protocols as the need arises. You would collaborate with scientists and computational biologists throughout Dyno – learning from and contributing to a diverse set of projects – and you would be responsible for understanding project goals and for creatively developing solutions to ensure their success.
- Clone complex library assemblies for AAV production
- Execute large scale DNA preparation protocols for transfection
- Implement next-gen sequencing DNA preparation procedures (amplification/ligation)
- Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking
- Follow lab protocols and safety rules
- BA or MA in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related fields
- 2+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- Highly skilled in the following Molecular biology skills:
- Agarose gel electrophoresis and imaging
- Cloning: bacterial transformation, culture, plating, and plasmid purification
- Knowledge of oligo/primer/probe/gBlock design strategies
- Ability to conduct advanced protocols and procedures precisely and consistently
- Ability to document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results
- Focused experience in advanced DNA cloning methodologies
- Focused experience in RNA/DNA quantification (qPCR) and quality control
- Cell culture skills: maintenance, transfection, virus titration, and virus transduction
- Sequence design and analysis software skills, such as Benchling and BLAST
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time