Come join our team, and together we’ll realize the true potential of gene therapy!
Who we are
Dyno Therapeutics is a Cambridge based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses next-gen DNA technologies and machine learning to engineer Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) capsids for the effective delivery of gene therapies.
What we offer you
As a member of our quickly growing company, you’ll help us shape Dyno into a startup that takes its scientific mission seriously and provides a positive and supportive workplace environment. Dyno will have the opportunity to benefit from your insight, skills, and talent while enriching your professional and scientific experience as we grow the company together.
At Dyno, we are expanding the boundaries of gene therapy. AAV capsids are currently the vector of choice for gene therapy, but they are only a starting point in the gene therapy revolution. Dyno aims to dramatically extend the reach of gene therapy by overcoming the limitations of existing AAV capsids, allowing more therapies to reach the clinic. Doing so will enable treatment for millions of patients with currently incurable, often disabling and deadly diseases.
Dyno’s groundbreaking engineering pipeline harnesses advances in DNA library synthesis, high-throughput sequencing, and machine learning to generate transformative gene therapy vectors. We target the major barriers that separate AAV gene therapy research from real-world therapies, including delivery efficiency, tissue and cell-type specificity, immune evasion, and more. Our vectors will accelerate the transition of gene therapies from the lab to the clinic for the benefit of patients worldwide.
Dyno is located near Kendall Square in Cambridge. Situated within the dynamic LabCentral community, Dyno is working alongside other startups that are also creating the future of biomedicine.
Under the guidance of senior researchers, you would support a number of stages in the Dyno pipeline, including the production and analysis of complex engineered AAV vector libraries. Consistency, clever protocol optimization, and precision are key to Dyno’s workflow. This important role contributes to our company’s vector engineering and evaluation processes and calls for an established background in cell culture, a Molecular Biology skillset, and the ability to learn, develop, and optimize detailed protocols as the need arises. You would collaborate with scientists and computational biologists throughout Dyno – learning from and contributing to a diverse set of projects – and you would be responsible for understanding project goals and for creatively developing solutions to ensure their success.
- Maintain cultured cell lines
- Assist in AAV production and quantification
- Perform transfections and transductions to evaluate novel virus designs
- Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking
- Follow lab protocols and safety rules
- BA or MA in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related fields
- 2+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- Highly skilled at cell culture:
- Experienced in standard Molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, imaging,
- Ability to conduct advanced protocols and procedures precisely and consistently
- Ability to document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results
- Experienced in virus (preferably AAV) production, purification, titration, and transduction
- Highly Skilled in the following Molecular biology methods:
- Standard and Gibson Cloning: bacterial transformation, culture, plating, and plasmid purification
- Western blot
- Knowledge of oligo/primer/probe/gBlock design strategies
- Sequence design and analysis software skills, such as Benchling and BLAST
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time