Come join our team, and together we’ll realize the true potential of gene therapy!
Who we are
Dyno Therapeutics is a Cambridge based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses next-gen DNA technologies and machine learning to engineer Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) capsids for the effective delivery of gene therapies.
What we offer you
As a member of our quickly growing company, you’ll help us shape Dyno into a startup that takes its scientific mission seriously and provides a positive and supportive workplace environment. Dyno will have the opportunity to benefit from your insight, skills, and talent while enriching your professional and scientific experience as we grow the company together.
At Dyno, we are expanding the boundaries of gene therapy. AAV capsids are currently the vector of choice for gene therapy, but they are only a starting point in the gene therapy revolution. Dyno aims to dramatically extend the reach of gene therapy by overcoming the limitations of existing AAV capsids, allowing more therapies to reach the clinic. Doing so will enable treatment for millions of patients with currently incurable, often disabling and deadly diseases.
Dyno’s groundbreaking engineering pipeline harnesses advances in DNA library synthesis, high-throughput sequencing, and machine learning to generate transformative gene therapy vectors. We target the major barriers that separate AAV gene therapy research from real-world therapies, including delivery efficiency, tissue and cell-type specificity, immune evasion, and more. Our vectors will accelerate the transition of gene therapies from the lab to the clinic for the benefit of patients worldwide.
Dyno is located near Kendall Square in Cambridge. Situated within the dynamic LabCentral community, Dyno is working alongside other startups that are also creating the future of biomedicine.
In coordination with scientific leadership, you would play a central role in designing and implementing Dyno’s pipeline. This role will involve exploring the most effective means of nucleic acid purification, targeted enrichment, sample analysis, high-throughput sequencing, and measuring neutralizing antibody evasion. Successfully meeting these challenges will require not only a broad range of molecular biology skills, independent thinking, and an aptitude for troubleshooting, but also a strong, creative drive to develop new assays as the need arises. Your work in this role would be in collaboration with scientists and programmers throughout Dyno, learning and contributing to many aspects of our pipeline, including the iterative design and production of next-gen AAV libraries. You would be responsible for understanding project goals and for creatively optimizing solutions to ensure their success.
- Design and implement protocols for DNA/RNA purification from cells and tissues following in vivo AAV delivery
- Develop and apply target-sequence enrichment strategies
- Design and optimize ex vivo quality and quantification assays for DNA/RNA/protein analysis (RT-qPCR, blotting, etc.)
- Implement next-gen sequencing sample preparation procedures
- Share recommendations and insight for pipeline improvement toward higher-throughput and efficiency
- Collaborate with a diverse team of wet-lab scientists, protein engineers, and computational scientists
- Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- Strong expertise in DNA/RNA purification and analysis protocols (qPCR, RT-qPCR, etc.)
- Skilled in protein analysis methods – SDS-PAGE, Bradford, ELISA, Western blots (FLAG, HIS, HA)
- Knowledgeable in standard DNA cloning and modifying methods
- Skilled in sequence design and analysis software, e.g., BLAST, Geneious, Benchling, etc.
- Strong collaborative, organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to document, maintain, and share an organized account of lab work and results
- 2+ years post PhD experience
- Background in AAV research
- Well-versed in tissue/cell/nuclei dissociation, purification and analysis methods
- Mentoring and managing experience
- Experience with cell and tissue analysis – staining, FACS, cell-sorting, imaging, histology, microscopy, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time