Do you have a passion for science and take pride in excellent work? Can you master cutting-edge technologies and rapidly develop new experimental methods? Are you highly collaborative, hardworking and creative?
Who we are
Dyno Therapeutics is a Cambridge based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses next-gen DNA technologies and machine learning to engineer Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) capsids for effective delivery of gene therapies.
What we offer you
As a member of our new and quickly growing company, you’ll help us shape Dyno from the very beginning into a startup that not only takes its scientific mission seriously but also provides a positive and supportive workplace environment. And Dyno will have the opportunity to benefit from the insight, diversity, and talent that you’ll bring. Together, we’ll help turn gene therapy into reality.
Dyno wants to help transform the gene therapy universe. AAV capsids are the vector of choice when it comes to delivering transgenes in vivo for gene therapy and genome editing. Eclipsing all of its predecessors, AAV is at the forefront of gene delivery approaches both at the research level and at the clinical front. Dyno aims to make it even better. Doing so will enable treatment for millions of patients with currently incurable, often disabling and deadly diseases, and we invite you to become a part of that.
Dyno has a transformative pipeline for AAV engineering that harnesses DNA library synthesis, high-throughput sequencing, and machine learning to improve AAV capsids and lift them above current fitness landscape boundaries into unexplored areas. While AAV is the current go-to method for gene delivery, there’s much room for improvement with regard to central factors like delivery efficiency, tissue and cell-type targeting, evading the immune system, and others. These limitations stand between the many significant advances achieved in gene therapy research and their translation into real-world, effective therapies. Our approach resolves these issues, generating next-gen AAV vectors that move gene therapies from the lab into clinics for the benefit of patients worldwide.
Dyno is located near Kendall Square in Cambridge within the dynamic LabCentral community, alongside other new companies that are turning ideas into reality, changing the biotech and medical scenes. We’ve recently joined this exciting hub and are thrilled to expand our Team with hardworking, highly qualified, highly motivated individuals.
General role: In coordination with scientific leadership, you would play a central role in designing and implementing Dyno’s pipeline, with particular focus on processes occurring downstream of in vivo stages. This role will involve exploring the most effective means of nucleic acid purification and targeted enrichment, followed by detailed qualitative and quantitative sample analysis, leading into high-throughput sequencing. Successfully meeting these challenges will require not only a broad range of molecular biology skills, independent thinking, and an aptitude for troubleshooting, but also a strong, creative drive to develop new assays as the need arises.
Your work in this role would be in collaboration with scientists and programmers throughout Dyno, learning and contributing to many aspects of our pipeline, including the iterative design and production of next-gen AAV libraries. You would be responsible for understanding project goals and for creatively optimizing solutions to ensure their success. Over time you would take on additional responsibilities and contribute to new projects.
- Design and implement protocols for DNA/RNA purification from cells and tissues following in vivo AAV delivery
- Develop and apply target-sequence enrichment strategies
- Design and optimize ex vivo quality and quantification assays for DNA/RNA/protein analysis (RT-qPCR, blotting, etc.)
- Implement next-gen sequencing sample preparation procedures
- Share recommendations and insight for pipeline improvement toward higher-throughput and efficiency
- Collaborate with a diverse team of wet-lab scientists, protein engineers, and computational scientists
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related field
- 5+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- Strong expertise in DNA/RNA purification and analysis protocols (qPCR, RT-qPCR, etc.)
- Skilled in protein analysis methods – SDS-PAGE, Bradford, ELISA, Western blots (FLAG, HIS, HA)
- Skilled in standard DNA cloning and modifying methods
- Skilled in sequence design and analysis software, e.g., BLAST, Geneious, Benchling, etc.
- Ability to direct Research Associates, Technicians and CRO’s
- Strong collaborative, organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to design and improve upon advanced protocols and procedures
- Ability to document, maintain, and share an organized account of lab work and results
- 2+ years post PhD experience
- Background in AAV research
- Mentoring and managing experience
- Experience with cell and tissue analysis – staining, FACS, cell-sorting, imaging, histology, microscopy, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time