Come join our team, and together we’ll realize the true potential of gene therapy!
Who we are
Dyno Therapeutics is a Cambridge based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses next-gen DNA technologies and machine learning to engineer Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) capsids for the effective delivery of gene therapies.
What we offer you
As a member of our quickly growing company, you’ll help us shape Dyno into a startup that takes its scientific mission seriously and provides a positive and supportive workplace environment. Dyno will have the opportunity to benefit from your insight, skills, and talent while enriching your professional and scientific experience as we grow the company together.
At Dyno, we are expanding the boundaries of gene therapy. AAV capsids are currently the vector of choice for gene therapy, but they are only a starting point in the gene therapy revolution. Dyno aims to dramatically extend the reach of gene therapy by overcoming the limitations of existing AAV capsids, allowing more therapies to reach the clinic. Doing so will enable treatment for millions of patients with currently incurable, often disabling and deadly diseases.
Dyno’s groundbreaking engineering pipeline harnesses advances in DNA library synthesis, high-throughput sequencing, and machine learning to generate transformative gene therapy vectors. We target the major barriers that separate AAV gene therapy research from real-world therapies, including delivery efficiency, tissue and cell-type specificity, immune evasion, and more. Our vectors will accelerate the transition of gene therapies from the lab to the clinic for the benefit of patients worldwide.
Dyno is located near Kendall Square in Cambridge. Situated within the dynamic LabCentral community, Dyno is working alongside other startups that are also creating the future of biomedicine.
Under the guidance of senior research staff, you would be involved in the extraction and purification of nucleic acids and proteins from mammalian cells and tissues, followed by detailed analysis prior to high-throughput sequencing. This role requires a broad Molecular Biology skillset and the ability to learn, develop, and optimize in vitro assays as the need arises. Your work in this role would be in collaboration with scientists and programmers throughout Dyno. Therefore, you would learn from and contribute to a diverse set of projects. You would be responsible for understanding project goals and for creatively optimizing solutions to ensure their success.
- Assist in sample tracking and organization of mammalian cells and tissues
- Extract, purify, and enrich nucleic acid and protein from mammalian cells and tissues
- Follow and optimize ex vivo nucleic acid quantification assays (e.g., qPCR, RT-qPCR)
- Perform and troubleshoot protein analysis methods (e.g., Bradford, Western Blots, ELISA)
- Implement next-gen sequencing DNA preparation procedures (PCR amplification, gel extraction)
- Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking
- Follow lab protocols and safety regulations
- BA or MA in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related fields
- 2+ years hands-on wet lab experience
- Experience in tissue handling
- Experience in DNA/RNA purification and analysis protocols (qPCR, RT-qPCR, etc.)
- Skilled in protein extraction and analysis methods – Bradford, ELISA, Western blots
- Molecular biology proficiency: PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis and imaging, gel excision and purification
- Ability to follow advanced protocols and procedures
- Ability to document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results
- Skilled in Excel/Prism, Word, PowerPoint, and other relevant software
- Focused experience in tissue processing, RNA/DNA quantification (qPCR), and quality control
- Experience in histology
- Cloning skills
- Cell culture experience
- Cell analysis - microscopy, staining, FACS, cell-sorting
- Skilled in sequence design and analysis software, e.g., BLAST, Geneious, Benchling, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time