Do you have a passion for science and take pride in excellent work? Can you master cutting-edge technologies and rapidly develop new experimental methods? Are you highly collaborative, hardworking and creative?
Who we are
Dyno Therapeutics is a Cambridge based, VC-backed biotech startup that uses next-gen DNA technologies and machine learning to engineer Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) capsids for effective delivery of gene therapies.
What we offer you
As a member of our new and quickly growing company, you’ll help us shape Dyno from the very beginning into a startup that not only takes its scientific mission seriously but also provides a positive and supportive workplace environment. And Dyno will have the opportunity to benefit from the insight, diversity, and talent that you’ll bring. Together, we’ll help turn gene therapy into reality.
Dyno wants to help transform the gene therapy universe. AAV capsids are the vector of choice when it comes to delivering transgenes in vivofor gene therapy and genome editing. Eclipsing all of its predecessors, AAV is at the forefront of gene delivery approaches both at the research level and at the clinical front. Dyno aims to make it even better. Doing so will enable treatment for millions of patients with currently incurable, often disabling and deadly diseases, and we invite you to become a part of that.
Dyno has a transformative pipeline for AAV engineering that harnesses DNA library synthesis, high-throughput sequencing, and machine learning to improve AAV capsids and lift them above current fitness landscape boundaries into unexplored areas. While AAV is the current go-to method for gene delivery, there’s much room for improvement with regard to central factors like delivery efficiency, tissue and cell-type targeting, evading the immune system, and others. These limitations stand between the many significant advances achieved in gene therapy research and their translation into real-world, effective therapies. Our approach resolves these issues, generating next-gen AAV vectors that move gene therapies from the lab into clinics for the benefit of patients worldwide.
Dyno is located near Kendall Square in Cambridge within the dynamic LabCentral community, alongside other new companies that are turning ideas into reality, changing the biotech and medical scenes. We’ve recently joined this exciting hub and are thrilled to expand our Team with hardworking, highly qualified, highly motivated individuals.
General role: In coordination with scientific leadership and technical support staff, your role will be to lead AAV capsid engineering projects. This will involve applying the Dyno screening platform to create novel AAV capsids with specifically tailored biological properties. In leading this project, you will be responsible for understanding the the needs of our customer, i.e. clinical stage partners using AAV to deliver therapeutics. You will then identify and implement strategies for applying Dyno’s platform to improve AAV capsids for these applications. Finally, you will carry out several rounds of screening working to iteratively optimize the desired capsid properties. Success in creating novel capsids will rely on your ability to collaboratively integrate the many disciplines represented within Dyno, from molecular biology to machine learning.
- Lead a research project focused on create novel AAV capsids with tailored properties
- Develop and refine the scientific aims, timeline and workflow of this project
- Create and validate project-specific in vitro and in vitro AAV capsid selection assays
- Design and prepare AAV capsid libraries, and produce high-titer AAV virus pools for use in selection assays
- Analyze and interpret the results from each round of screening, with an emphasis towards iteratively improving library design
- Collaborate with a diverse team of wet-lab scientists, protein engineers, and computational scientists
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related field
- In-depth experience in computational analysis of biological data (preferably next-gen sequencing based) using a general-purpose programing language (such as Python, R or Matlab)
- 5+ years hands-on wet lab experience, including
- Strong expertise in both molecular biology and next-generation sequencing-based approaches (such as bulk or single-cell RNA-Seq, Chip-Seq, whole genome or exome sequencing, etc)
- Knowledgeable in standard DNA cloning and modifying methods (phosphorylation, RE cleavage, ligation, electrophoresis, transformation, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in mammalian tissue culture methods (maintenance, passaging, quality control, viral production)
- 2+ years post PhD experience
- Mentoring and managing experience
- Hands on experience using AAV capsids for gene delivery
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time