Electrical Engineer - Maryland
At Dwyer Engineering, we work in small teams helping our clients build and operate sustainable stores, restaurants and offices by focusing on engineering of power, lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, water and refrigeration. Our offices are located in Maryland and Virginia and we work on projects in the eastern US. If you enjoy small, hard-charging teams working towards common goals, and using engineering to solve practical problems in today's world, we need your help on our team. This position will be in our Maryland office, which is located in a Columbia, Maryland within walking distance of shopping and Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Work with Architects and building owners under the guidance of a Professional Engineer to translate owner needs into a building design that is buildable, cost-effective, and sustainable. Tasks include:
- Laying out wiring plans and create details using AutoDesk software (Autocad/Revit/LT)
- Calculate power required using Excel
- Survey buildings: take photos, measurements, assess equipment
- Create control drawings for refrigeration and lighting systems
- Answer construction questions
- Meet with utilities to work out building connections
- Perform energy code compliance calculations
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from EAC/ABET certified school.
- Engineer in Training certification preferred (see https://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/pe/pefaqsgenl.shtml or http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/Boards/APELS/). We will assist by paying for a preparatory class if you sign up to take the Fundamentals of Engineering test.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- US Citizenship or Active work visa
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off (Holidays + 2 to 5 weeks)
- Life and Long term disability insurance
- Professional memberships
- Simple IRA with full match, no vesting
- Profit Sharing (circa 30%) after 2 years
We are an equal opportunity employer.