Dwolla is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Des Moines and has been recognized by Fast Company as ‘one of the world’s most innovative companies.’ Joining the team at Dwolla means you will be entering a unique and open culture where we ship to production daily, located right in downtown Des Moines.
We care about mastering the ideal platform to move money. At Dwolla, you will be empowered to select the right languages, tools, and libraries for the job and deliver products based on those choices. If you want to become a master of your craft while building a platform that moves millions of dollars every day, Dwolla may be right for you.
As a Senior Product Software Engineer, you'll design & build the products and services that power the Dwolla Platform. From public APIs and user interfaces to internal operational systems and 3rd party integrations, the solutions you build will solve real customer problems. This is a full-time, permanent position based out of our downtown Des Moines HQ.
What will you work on in your first few months?
- Follow an API-first approach to solving customer needs
- Design & deploy solutions with containerized microservices using technologies like AWS, Docker, Lambda, ECS, Thrift, Finagle
- Help care for systems by keeping them up-to-date, adding features, refactoring code, and fixing bugs
- Collaborate with the team via code reviews and architecture discussions
- Participate in product planning using Agile methodologies
To learn more about the types of projects we work on, check out these blog posts highlighting some work by the team.
We want to make sure you feel right at home on Day One, so we'll pair you with someone from another department as part of our "First Friend" program. They'll help you learn your way around the building - including the Starbucks right below our office - or find lunch buddies in your first few weeks.
We're excited to talk if you have:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Are familiar with and excited about Agile/XP software development practices for delivering projects
Perks to working at Dwolla:
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options
- 401K Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Paid parking or public transportation stipend
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Medical leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Casual dress
At Dwolla, we value diversity and hold the core belief that the best teams are built by the inclusion of diverse ideas, experiences, and people.
Join our team and bring your unique perspective to help build the ideal platform to move money.
We are able to sponsor visas.