Lead and grow the Finance organization.
We are seeking a highly effective, mission-driven, and strategic Chief Financial Officer, for this high-impact role to help us realize our mission of developing the best education in the world and making it universally available. You will help us grow the Finance function to support our rapid growth, in fiscally responsible ways, and evaluate new business opportunities in partnership with the management team and Board.
As the CFO, you will provide corporate leadership in growing Duolingo’s business. You will work with the Executive Team to develop business metrics and strategic planning tools that drive results. You will build our FP&A function. You will help us become IPO ready.
- Help us make great business decisions.
- Build our FP&A muscle (hire the team and build the function).
- Support investor and Board relationship management (including leading any private financing and deal-related activities).
- Build, lead, and develop a world-class Finance and Accounting function.
- Make sure that we're in compliance, and help us continue to build our control environment.
- Develop and manage budgets and long-range financial forecasts.
- Manage relationships with outside auditors, banks, investors, analysts, and other advisors.
- You've been a successful CFO or number two in an entrepreneurial environment.
- You've led the Finance organization in a public company.
- You've worked in digital, consumer-facing environments.
- You have investor relations experience.
- You've worked in a high-growth environment and you've demonstrated an ability to put in place just enough process to manage, enable, guide and scale an emerging business, but not so much as to encumber it.
- You're able to set strategy and be a tactician in budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling and analysis.
- You've built world-class teams of Finance professionals.
- You've managed relationships with the Board.
Exceptional Candidates Will Have:
- Direct experience in preparation for an IPO, including implementing an IPO readiness framework, selecting a banker or bankers, preparing an S-1, organizing and executing a road show, and pricing and share allocation for the offering.
- Experience with digital subscription and/or freemium business models.
- Prior Big 4 public accounting, venture capital, investment banking and/or credit facilities.
- An MBA.