Our people are the most valuable asset -- help us shape and grown our crown jewel.
At Duolingo, our Sourcer is critical to our Talent Acquisition strategy and organizational growth. Our Sourcer keeps an ear to the ground, remaining relevant to industry trends and the competitive landscape to identify direct and creative opportunities to develop relationships with world-class talent.
We are a fast-paced team with strong elements of curiosity, quirk, and result-driven innovation. As such, we are looking for someone who is motivated by this environment and excited to help grow the company.
- Partner closely with recruiters to understand priorities and activate specific sourcing strategies to meet hiring needs
- Consistently identify, learn and employ new sourcing strategies to maintain competitiveness in the talent space; train the internal team on new resources and tactics
- Handle initial candidate conversations, and partner with recruiters to provide a seamless handoff
- Maintain relationships with world-class passive talent
- Manage candidate statuses in the applicant tracking system with timeliness and high precision
- Partner with Recruiters to identify and solve hiring process inefficiencies
- Attend Duolingo talent acquisition events, as necessary
- Uphold and share the Duolingo culture and brand
- Embody the start-up culture by jumping in to help with other miscellaneous HR duties, as necessary
- Ability to work or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree, preferably in a STEM field
- 2+ years of high-volume recruitment sourcing experience
- High attention to small details and how they influence relationships
- A genuine team player with a strong desire to help others and create memorable experiences
- Proven dedication to follow-through and delivering results
- Proven success in communicating effectively and building strong, trusted relationships within diverse groups
- A can-do, team mentality -- no task is too small and you’re willing to jump in when needed!
- Ability to work in a fast growing and dynamic environment; inspired by the startup environment and willing to get into the details to ensure success
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours, as needed
- Flexibility and ability to travel to recruiting events, as necessary; a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, as needed for recruiting events
Exception Candidates Will Have:
- Familiarity sourcing via GitHub
- Prior experience in a fast growth startup environments, particularly in technology and engineering
- Experience bringing organization to teams and streamlining processes within organizations
- Strong understanding of Talent Acquisition best practices and processes, as well as basic Marketing principles
- Proven ability to develop valuable interpersonal relationships from scratch
- An impressive Duolingo streak!
Duolingo is an innovative, fun company driven by a mission to provide free education to the world.