Use your expertise in teaching English to help Duolingo users learn better.
Duolingo is looking for a PhD-level expert in English as a second language, who has experience teaching and developing curricula for English. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible.
- Help create pedagogical content aimed at teaching English as a second language
- Help create English language assessments to measure how Duolingo users learn
- Review course content created by others
- Help define project details, set timeframes, and coordinate project activities
- PhD (completed or in progress) in TESOL, linguistics or a related field
- Native proficiency in American English
- Experience teaching English as a second language
- Experience creating language learning material/curricula
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Ability to work at least 10-15 hours a week
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills