Use your expertise in teaching Spanish to help Duolingo users learn better.
Duolingo is looking for an experienced Spanish language instructor who is a native speaker of Latin American Spanish. If you have good creative instincts and experience teaching Spanish, this position is perfect for you. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). Most of the work will be conducted remotely, but for this particular position we will only consider candidates who are located in the U.S. and can travel periodically to help with specific projects in person.
- Use your pedagogical expertise to develop creative course content in Spanish
- Help review and adapt Spanish content to make it appropriate for different levels of student proficiency
- Native proficiency in Latin American Spanish
- Experience teaching Spanish as a second language
- Good creative instincts and a sense of humor
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work at least 15 hours a week
- Ability to periodically travel within the U.S. to join the team in person (for no more than a couple of days at a time)
- Must be located in the U.S.
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Demonstrated creative track record (e.g., creative writing, podcast, YouTube videos, screenplays, literary translation, etc.)