Make the world’s most popular language learning app famous in China
We are seeking an experienced, creative marketer to help us build awareness and accelerate our growth in China. As our resident expert in the Chinese market, you will leverage your skills including PR, events, promotions, performance marketing and consumer understanding. Day-to-day, you will report to the local General Manager in China and work closely with our product team in Beijing to identify opportunities and execute campaigns relevant to the Chinese consumer. In addition, you will also partner closely with our Global Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) as part of our world class marketing team. We want someone with a red-hot contacts book and solid experience in devising PR and marketing campaigns and delivering them with enthusiasm and confidence. As a member of a geographically distributed organization, the ideal candidate will not only be an exceptional, self-motivated creative talent, but also a proactive and team-oriented communicator.
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to develop localized product messaging and positioning for feature and product launches
- Create targeted PR opportunities / marketing campaigns / promotions / events for the China market
- Drive a media relations strategy specific to China to ensure PR coverage is achieved in long-lead media and that we can jump on short lead opportunities
- Coordinate with global PR to write locally relevant press materials and engage with local influencers
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and brand events
- Act as a local spokesperson sourcing and managing Chinese speaking opportunities for yourself and relevant executives
- Analyze the results of the local marketing efforts and PR activities and adjust the plan as required
- Identify, build and execute media strategies on high value segments focused on improving overall MAU’s and active subscribers
- Optimize media spend and user experience focused on driving maximum efficiency of media spent
- 3+ years of consumer marketing experience
- Experience in conceiving, developing and overseeing PR and Marketing communication ideas throughout their full cycle.
- Culturally clued up and immersed in trends. You must understand what Chinese consumers care about now
- Track record of achieving great results with ideas rather than large budgets
- Expert storyteller, with proven writing skills and the creativity to create compelling and page-turning customer-centric narratives
- Data-driven marketing experience, and a deep understanding of the digital media ecosystem in China
- Experience working as part of a remote team, building strong HQ relationships and influencing effectively for local market needs
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English (both written & spoken)
- Legal authorization to work in China. This position is based in Beijing.
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Passion for our mission to make high quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Experience with mobile apps and subscription services