Write the words that will help shape the future of education.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more work to do — and that’s where you come in! You’ll help create and maintain the systems which keep our words cohesively on-message and -brand throughout every experience in products like Duolingo, the Duolingo English Test, and the Tinycards app, amongst others. From social media campaigns to establishing our brand voice and tone, to writing, editing, and guiding the flows of our products’ features, you’ll be the primary advocate for writing in and on Duolingo.
This role reports to the VP of Design as a member of the Design team, the instrumental creative partner in most projects at Duolingo—from our mobile apps and website to the brand voice and email newsletters, and even community events. At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over crafting a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to write the words that go into Duolingo products
- Write and edit micro-copy like buttons, tooltips, and empty states, as well as longer-form projects like emails, blog posts, and newsletters
- Create and maintain content style guides across all products
- Communicate product features and functionality by talking up to learners and helping them understand and use our products
- Define and champion a content strategy that weaves the Duolingo brand message and voice into every touchpoint
- Ensure Oxford commas are used, everywhere and always
- A portfolio with writing samples
- Writing experience in a product or digital content role
- The ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional candidates will have...
- Professional writing experience in a fast-growing, consumer-facing startup
- A hyper vigilant attention to detail