A navigator to propel a world-class team on a world-changing mission.
Duolingo is the most popular language learning application in the world, with over 300 million users. We are passionate about education, fact-based decision making, and elegant solutions to cross-functional problems; if that sounds like you, then come join us as we build the next-generation learning company!
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of the founding team of our China office and work with other talented Duolingo software engineers, designers, product managers and learning scientists globally to develop next-generation education technology to transform learning. This role is based in Beijing, China.
- Drive strategy for product in China
- Drive product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to discover feature ideas and validate them before development
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to ensure an excellent user experience in our product
- Work with engineers to help guide feature development
- Perform quantitative analysis on features’ performance and find opportunities for optimization
- Be responsible for hitting the key performance indicators you are entrusted with
- At least 2 years experience generating outstanding results as a Product Manager at a high performing software company in China
- Working proficiency in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology and education
- Ability to utilize user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Proven ability to learn fast
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Design, Psychology, or any related field
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, or a related field
- Professional experience in areas highly related to our work as product managers at Duolingo, such as software engineering, design, data analysis, language learning, or brand management
- At least 4 years of Product Management experience