The Duolingo English Test (DET) is developed by a small, nimble, and interdisciplinary team of award-winning engineers, designers, and researchers. We are looking for world-class language assessment interns to join us on several projects supporting qualitative test and content development or quantitative psychometric analysis and operational research. You will learn deeply and broadly, leveraging computer-based technologies to develop tasks for the DET and contribute to psychometric research on DET response data.
This will be a paid summer internship with flexible start/end dates. Applications will be accepted until 14 Jan 2019.
- Developing item specifications for new computer-delivered language assessment tasks, creating and piloting task prototypes
- Conducting analyses of Duolingo English Test (DET) data, such as using item response theory to investigate differential item functioning, carry out test score equating, etc.
- Reviewing and examining test taker response processes for existing tasks
- Presenting results through written reports and/or conference presentations
- Pursuing a PhD in language testing, applied linguistics, psychometrics, educational measurement, or a related field
- Previous experience developing computer-based interactive speaking/writing assessments, and/or applications of item response theory for computer-adaptive language tests
- Experience with R and/or Python for data analysis a big plus!
- Expected Graduation in 2020 or sooner
- 12 weeks of availability