A Tester excited to help Duolingo grow faster and deliver high quality products.
Duolingo is changing the way that millions of people are learning. People from all over the world are learning new and different languages quickly and well. We are looking for a manual tester who is passionate about tracking bugs, in order to iterate and ship high quality code faster. Duolingo is the world's largest online language learning platform, and the most downloaded education app in the world in both Android and iOS devices. It was recognized as Apple's iPhone App of the Year of 2013 as well as Google Play's Best of the Best of 2013 and 2014. Duolingo has over 170 million members, is completely science- and data-based, and has gamified elements that make learning more fun. The company was created at Carnegie Mellon University's School of Computer Science by digital entrepreneur Luis von Ahn, PhD, and Severin Hacker, PhD, and it is funded by some of the world's most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter and Tumblr.
- Regression and exploratory testing, sanity checks against Duolingo release and branch builds
- Determine reproduction steps for issues
- Formulate test plans for Duolingo mobile and web apps
- Manage the issue backlog for Duolingo products
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge about how the product works, and become a go-to person for questions about it
- Work in fast-paced environment on multiple products/platforms
- Be empathetic towards end users and advocate for them across the company
- BA/BS Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine interest in testing and bug tracking work
- Experience and domain knowledge in manual testing
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team under supervisor
- Basic familiarity with Duolingo products, such as the Duolingo app (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone) and our website.
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Experience and knowledge in processes and UI/UX testing (web and mobile)
- Proven passion and skills in bug detection and isolation