Lead our engineering and research team developing the Duolingo English Test, next-generation technology that makes quality language testing accessible worldwide.
Duolingo has reinvented how more than 300 million people around the world are learning. We’re now doing the same for the language testing industry. We are looking for a talented, forward-thinking engineering manager to lead our team of software engineers and research scientists working on the Duolingo English Test (DET) and other language testing initiatives.
As an Engineering Manager at Duolingo, you have the technical chops to provide technical leadership and the people skills to manage a team of engineers. You manage your team’s goals, contribute to overall product strategy and develop your team.
- Manage a team of software engineers and research scientists, including task planning and code reviews.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with business, product management and design to ensure we are building the best products.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Relevant work experience, including industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Technical management experience managing teams consisting of five or more.
- People management skills, proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Background in machine learning, NLP or computer vision.
- Extensive engineering experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven startups.