Apply ML research methods to products used by millions every day.
Duolingo AI Research is a small and nimble team, using data to develop new hypotheses about language and learning, test them empirically, and ship products based on research. As an intern you won't do mere "intern work," you are our colleague, and your code will affect more than 300 million people worldwide. You will learn deeply and broadly from an experienced team of award-winning engineers, designers, and researchers.
- Apply ML and NLP methods to massive real-world data
- Prototype new models, evaluate with small scale experiments, and productionize solutions at scale
- Work with a cross-functional team of world class researchers, engineers, designers, and others to build new product features and/or publish state-of-the-art findings
- Pursuing a PhD or MS in machine learning, natural language processing, or related field
- Graduation expected in 2020 (or sooner)
- Previous experience developing and/or publishing on ML systems for natural language (e.g., commercial, government, or high-impact academic projects)
- 12 week consecutive availability
- Relocation to Pittsburgh, PA