Our team is our most valuable asset - help us shape and grow our crown jewel!
Because of our incredible growth, we are seeking an established Director of Talent Acquisition to lead our global recruiting efforts and team. You will be responsible for driving an elite candidate experience and hiring high quality talent. Duolingo is an innovative, fun company with top engineers, designers, marketers, linguists, and business people driven by a mission to provide free education to the world. We have over 130 people from 25 different countries, and expect to have 200 within the next year.
- Drive the strategy and execution of our global recruiting practice including processes, systems, training, measurement, and improvement.
- Advise leadership to build a strategic hiring plan with vision, strategy, and goals.
- Own strategic and critical hiring requisitions and, as needed, fill in to insure overall hiring needs are met.
- Lead, inspire, and coach a smart, ambitious recruiting team while driving a high level of performance against our aggressive hiring plans.
- Design and implement a sourcing strategy to identify and attract the best candidates from around the world; actively sourcing passive talent through a variety of methods and driving campus recruiting efforts.
- Develop effective working relationships with hiring managers and business leaders throughout the organization to understand needs and provide consultation on talent acquisition strategies.
- Develop employment branding to educate active and passive candidates about Duolingo’s amazing culture.
- 7+ years of talent leadership experience in a high-growth, global organization hiring 50+ employees per year.
- Experience recruiting in the technology industry and for a variety of technical positions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast growing and dynamic environment.
- Inspired by the startup environment and willing to get into the details to ensure success.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with the ability to use data and metrics to drive decision-making
Exceptional Candidates will have:
- Experience managing a global talent organization.
- Prior experience in a fast growth start-up environment.