Our team is our most valuable asset - help us grow and develop our crown jewel.
- Build and lead our future Leadership & Talent Development team.
- Establish a culturally appropriate philosophy, strategy, and programs for leader development that encompass all levels of leadership.
- Drive, shepherd, and foster Duolingo’s culture (i.e. help us attract the best employees in the world and keep them happy & engaged).
- Help us maintain our high performance culture through performance management, professional development and organizational structure solutions.
- Help us foster an inclusive environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
- Ensure the employee experience is consistent, positive and in line with Duolingo’s culture and values throughout the employee life cycle.
- Help us scale our internal communications including implementing change management best practices.
- Provide thought partnership to the Head of People on all people matters, and partner with our Director of Talent Acquisition and People Ops manager to create a world-class HR organization.
- 7+ years progressive experience with demonstrated background in leadership development, culture, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, performance management, and organizational design.
- Serve as our subject matter expert and bring researched-based ideas, approaches, and solutions to the table.
- At the same time, be incredibly practical and realistic about what a start-up of our size is ready to support and scale.
- Have a rare combination of ability to drive strategy and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do the work.
- Experience in building and managing teams, infrastructure, and programs where growth and change are constants.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with the ability to use data and metrics to drive decision-making.
- Prior experience in a fast growth start-up environment.
Exceptional Candidates will have:
- Experience managing a global talent organization.
- Certification in multiple coaching tools and assessments highly desirable (MBTI, Strengths, etc.)