An iOS expert who will help millions of people learn on a mobile device.
Duolingo software engineers develop next-generation education technology that changes how over 300 million people around the world learn. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas in computer science, including natural language processing, machine learning, large-scale system design, and iOS & Android mobile app development. As an iOS software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Duolingo’s needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as our fast-paced startup grows and evolves. You will develop applications primarily in Objective-C and Swift. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate.
- Collaborate on software projects with product design and backend aspects
- Develop, release, and maintain native iOS applications
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Some programming experience in Objective-C and Swift
- Located in the Greater New York City area
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 5 years of programming experience in either Objective-C or Swift
- Strong technical knowledge of iOS mobile application development for iPhone/iPad using Objective-C/Swift with Cocoa Touch and related frameworks
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
Duolingo is an innovative, fun company with top engineers, designers, marketers, linguists, and business people driven by a mission to provide free education to the world. We have over 150 people from 25 different countries, and expect to have 200 within the next year.