Make the world’s most popular language learning app even more famous in the UK.
We are seeking an experienced, creative marketer to help us build awareness and accelerate our growth across the UK. As our resident expert in all things British, you will leverage your skills including PR, events, promotions and consumer understanding. Reporting to the CMO, you will partner closely with PR, Marketing and Product teams in Pittsburgh to identify opportunities and come up with new, creative tactics and campaigns relevant to the UK consumer. We want someone with a red-hot contacts book and solid experience in devising PR and marketing campaigns and delivering them with enthusiasm and confidence. As a member of a geographically distributed organization, the ideal candidate will not only be an exceptional, self-motivated creative talent, but also a proactive and team-oriented communicator.
- Create targeted PR opportunities/marketing campaigns / promotions / events for UK market
- Drive a UK specific media relations strategy to ensure PR coverage is achieved in long-lead media and that we can jump on short lead opportunities
- Coordinate with global PR to write locally relevant press materials and engage with local influencers
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and brand events
- Act as a local spokesperson sourcing and managing UK speaking opportunities for yourself and relevant executives
- Analyze the results of the local marketing efforts and PR activities and adjust the plan as required
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to develop localized product messaging and positioning for feature and product launches
- Work alongside Community team to find interesting ways to tell user stories and engage UK consumers more deeply in our brand
- 5+ years of consumer marketing experience
- Experience in conceiving, developing and overseeing PR and Marketing communication ideas throughout their full cycle.
- Culturally clued up and immersed in trends. You must understand what UK consumers care about now
- Track record of achieving great results with ideas rather than large budgets
- Expert storyteller, with proven writing skills and the creativity to create compelling and page-turning customer-centric narratives
- Experience working as part of a remote team, building strong HQ relationships and influencing effectively for local market needs
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Passion for our mission to make high quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Experience with mobile apps and subscription services