Use your expertise in teaching Spanish to help Duolingo users learn better.
Duolingo is looking for an experienced Spanish language instructor who is a native speaker of Latin American Spanish. If you have experience designing Spanish language curricula and creating different types of language exercises, as well as some linguistic training, this position is perfect for you. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely.
- Help create pedagogical content aimed at teaching Spanish
- Help create Spanish language assessments to measure how Duolingo users learn
- MA in teaching Spanish as a second language, applied linguistics, linguistics, second language acquisition, or a related field
- Native fluency in Latin American Spanish
- Experience teaching Spanish as a second language
- Experience creating language learning material/curricula
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Ability to work at least 15 hours a week
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience teaching Spanish to native speakers of English
- Extensive linguistic training