Make Duolingo look great and work well.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 millions users, we are the most popular language learning application in the world. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in! You’ll help create and define a cohesive user experience throughout products like Duolingo, the Duolingo English Test, and the Tinycards app, amongst others. From composing individual screens into flows to collaborating closely with our Art team on illustrations, you’ll have the autonomy to work on high-impact features that are transforming the future of education.
This role reports to the VP of Design as a member of the Design team, the instrumental creative partner in most projects at Duolingo—from our mobile apps and website to the brand voice and email newsletters, and even community events. At Duolingo, we take pride in and agonize over crafting a user-friendly (and fun) experience for everyone.
- Work on the user experience across multiple Duolingo products, on mobile and web
- Work closely with other designers to develop and expand product design patterns
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical features
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the product teams
- A bachelor's degree by spring 2019
- An online portfolio with web or app design samples
- Some design experience
- A desire to keep pushing your work until all details are attended to
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA