Leverage Duolingo’s millions of users to answer novel research questions.
We are looking for a world class researcher in the field of learning and cognition who can leverage their knowledge and innovative ideas to revolutionize the Educational Technology industry. You will be able to take advantage of the Duolingo platform and our vast amount of data to do research that advances the scientific understanding of learning. Become part of our collaborative team and increase the real-world impact of your research by having your ideas and findings inspire what we do next.
- Establish a compelling research program that’s both theoretically interesting and potentially applicable to Duolingo in the future
- Use Duolingo data to gain insights into the learning process
- Conduct behavioral experiments with our users or by recruiting participants elsewhere (e.g., on Mechanical Turk)
- If applicable, use computational modeling techniques to understand how people learn
- Present and publish your work in top conferences and journals
- PhD in learning sciences, cognitive psychology, (psycho)linguistics, applied linguistics, or a related field
- Postdoctoral researcher or faculty member at a research university
- Research expertise and strong publication record in learning sciences (e.g., language learning, child language acquisition, learning and memory, category learning, etc.)
- Excellent skills in experimental design and quantitative data analysis (including programming in languages such as R, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Good analytical thinking skills and ability to apply research insights to product development
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Learn more about some of our benefits at the bottom of this page
! Here is a sample:
- Competitive salaries and generous equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 20 days of paid time off
- 401(k) with generous match
- Flexible hours
Please submit an academic CV instead of a resume.
Duolingo is an innovative, fun company with top engineers, designers, marketers, linguists, and business people driven by a mission to provide free education to the world. We have over 150 people from 25 different countries, and expect to have 200 within the next year.