Our people are the most valuable asset -- help us shape and grow our crown jewel!
At Duolingo, the Talent Acquisition Coordinator plays a critical role within Talent Acquisition, ensuring a seamless and positive experience throughout the entire hiring process, for both candidates and hiring managers.
We are a fast-paced team with strong elements of curiosity, quirk, and result-driven innovation. As such, we are looking for someone who is motivated by this environment and excited to help grow the company.
- Collaborate with Human Resources team mates to provide a stellar candidate and employee experience
- Own candidate interview logistics and candidate travel, across all disciplines; liaise with other offices as necessary
- Manage candidate statuses in the applicant tracking system with timeliness and high precision
- Lead event coordination and logistics to uphold the Duolingo talent acquisition strategy; maintain overarching events calendar and operations
- Serve as initial greeter for office visitors
- Partner with Recruiters to identify and solve hiring process inefficiencies
- Attend Duolingo talent acquisition events, as necessary
- Uphold and share the Duolingo culture and brand
- Embody the start-up culture by jumping in to help with other miscellaneous HR duties, as necessary
- Ability to work or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- 2+ years of high-volume recruitment coordination experience
- Strong understanding of the Human Resources function and the role of Talent Acquisition
- Ability to work in a fast growing and dynamic environment; inspired by the startup environment and willing to get into the details to ensure success
- A genuine team player with a strong desire to help others and create memorable experiences
- Strong sense of logistics, balanced with flexibility and understanding
- Proven dedication to follow-through and delivering results
- High attention to detail; stellar time management and organization skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and problem solve independently without sacrificing quality of work
- Proven success in communicating effectively and building strong, trusted relationships within diverse groups
- A can-do, team mentality -- no task is too small and you’re willing to jump in when needed!
- Fluency in Slack, G-Suite, applicant tracking systems, video conferencing technologies, calendar management
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours, as needed
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, as needed for recruiting events
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Prior experience in a fast growth startup environments, particularly in technology and engineering
- Experience bringing organization to teams and streamlining processes within organizations
- Strong understanding of Talent Acquisition best practices and processes, as well as basic Marketing principles
- An impressive Duolingo streak!
Duolingo is an innovative, fun company with top engineers, designers, marketers, linguists, and business people driven by a mission to provide free education to the world. We have over 150 people from 25 different countries, and expect to have 200 within the next year.