Develop the next-generation education technology that improves how millions learn.
As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Duolingo’s needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as our fast-paced startup grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate. Are you driven to improve performance and infrastructure? Do you want to work on cutting-edge machine learning algorithms for optimizing learning? We have opportunities in all these areas for talented and driven software engineers.
- Collaborate on software projects with product design and backend aspects
- Develop, release, and maintain backend services and/or infrastructure
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Some programming experience in Java, Python or Scala and AWS cloud computing
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 5 years of programming experience in Java, Python or Scala and AWS cloud computing
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Duolingo is an innovative, fun company with top engineers, designers, marketers, linguists, and business people driven by a mission to provide free education to the world. We have over 150 people from 25 different countries, and expect to have 200 within the next year.