Help create even more love for the world’s most popular language learning platform.
As part of our marketing team you will focus on retention and engagement, driving strategy and execution around email, push notification, newsletters and more. Connecting with the millions of people who use Duolingo everyday, you'll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and help us advance our mission of making language learning accessible to everyone.
- Own the Duolingo email channel, including marketing campaigns, newsletters and triggered and transactional emails. Initiate end-to-end execution of our email campaigns, including development, launching and analysis.
- Create thoughtful, personalized triggered communications that will drive customer engagement, maintain the fun, accessible nature of the Duolingo brand, and support the company’s strategic goals.
- Analyze performance of email strategies and campaigns and drive continuous optimization of performance, considering factors such as seasonality, customer segments, competitor behavior, historical successes.
- Use analytics to make decisions; A/B test, analyze results and build updates accordingly.
- Perform regular list hygiene to maintain health of our database.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to support key initiatives and get things done.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on email and knowledge of email best practices, key performance drivers, and toolsets.
- Experience in content creation and a love of writing.
- Knowledge of the technical side of email marketing; deliverability, CAN SPAM compliance, and more.
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests.
- Experience building, growing and optimizing engagement and retention campaigns.
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Passion for our mission to make high quality language learning accessible to everyone
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Fluency in 2 languages